Stockly.com Forums  

Go Back   Stockly.com Forums > Reactive Micro > PSRAM Area!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-23-2008, 12:53 PM

I am not sure if this is the norm in the electronics business but I have been waiting for quotes on a few things now and while it is small volume it really can't be that diffiicult if your setup for this business to give a quote on an assembly job ... do I really want to give my business to anyone that can't get a quote back in a reasonable time frame?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:11 PM

That would make me wonder too. How's that CCElectronx.Com place? I kind of remember them being pretty quick. Only a day or two.

A few of the places I had requested quote from were either super expensive, like $150 per PCB at 25 pieces, or never got back to me. When CCElectronx.Com got back to me AND had a cheap price I jumped on it and sent them some PCBs to see how they worked out.

I had them do a smaller PCB around 4" x 3". It was like $12 each I think. Had both SMT and Through Hole parts too. Most turned out okay. Some had a while film that I had to use a degreasor and a toothbrush to remove, but all in all they turned out okay. Saved me a lot of time. Of course these days I don't have much to do in the shop so I build everything I can. I know there will come a day that it's just not possible any more though and will have to send a lot of things out. So I hope they stick around!

Let me know if you find any other low volume places. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:16 PM

He is one of them although it's only been a week maybe but this other guy in Canada .... seems like he is just turning it around and getting quotes from other people ... I thought from his web site he did stuff locally but that seems not to be the case .. I sent him a request quite some time ago - his last response was he was still waiting for more quotes to come in ....