Stockly.com Forums  

Go Back   Stockly.com Forums > Altair 8800 > Altair 8800

Notices

Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Very Nice Kit

What a great idea and a wonderful kit. Ok, maybe just to those of us who are incredibly geeky but none the less impressive. I will at some point no longer be able to resist and end up buying one.

If you are interested in placing some info about your kit in the new Startup gallery (http://www.startupgallery.org) I can ask them about it. Might be fun to build one of your kits with a bunch of school kids then let people actually touch and play with it (since it's not some rare museum piece) and then raffle it off and do it again every once in a while. (I'm here in Albuquerque)

Paul Allen bought and then later sold the original MITS building here in town when they decided to build the museum within the existing Natural History Museum instead. Would be kind of nostalgic if the current tenants would allow you ship the kits from their address. Ok, I'm getting sleep deprived and having crazy thoughts. Hey do you know were I could get thousands and thousands of LEDs cheap????

If any of this sounds like fun drop me an email. I own an electronics company here in town and would love to help you sell a few kits. More than the one I'm going to buy for myself

Tanda

Last edited by Tanda; 11-28-2006 at 07:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Sounds great! I'd love to talk to you about that kind of stuff. Right now I'm real busy trying to finish off a week of work, comming home packing up kits, and trying to get ready for a work trip all at the same time!

I was only able to afford parts for 5 with all of the engineering expenses. (Or wanted to only risk the investment of 5...)

It has been positive enough so far that I am ordering 20 cases this week. They should arrive in 3-4 weeks. Its a lot more work that I expected, but I had to see the project through. I have had a few people tell me that it "can't cost more than $200 in parts". I don't even know how to respond to that one.

I would love to hear from Ed Roberts! I tried several times to contact him a few times before, but no luck. I'd like to just say "Hi". I'd also love to sell Bill Gates a kit. At cost even. That would just make my day. If I knew it were going to bill gates, or if he took his picture with it I would just plain give him one. Assembled!

Grant