Stockly.com Forums  

Go Back   Stockly.com Forums > Altair 8800 > Altair 8800

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Default New 18 Slot Motherboard / Upgrade

I decided not to make a "new" motherboard design but made a replica of an old motherboard. Let me know what you think!

This motherboard upgrade is available to kit owners for:

$400 - 18 slots + PCB kit
$320 - 18 slots + PCB kit with exchange of your good condition 4 slot motherboard
$250 - 8 of 18 slots + PCB kit (gives you an "8 slot" motherboard with the ability to add more slots later)
$170 - 8 of 18 slots + PCB kit with exchange of your good condition 4 slot motherboard

10 slots may be bought from DigiKey at a later date if you choose. (10 is the minimum order quantity)

I'm selling these at cost for you guys... The slots are $15 a piece and the PCBs aren't cheap! Its a 11x12" board and 1/8" thick.

This motherboard is the same thickness and made out of the same material as the 4 slot motherboard, except it has a solder mask on the bottom. (that is what makes it look different from the top) The vintage 18 slot motherboard had one, so I decided to keep it. It will make it easier to solder.

I also made all of the wiring holes slightly larger to assist in soldering it to the front panel. The 4 slot motherboard had some small holes that made it difficult!!!

This motherboard will allow you to get more slots without the pain of soldering in 100 jumper wires for each additional 4 slots.

Here are the pictures:

And here is a vintage board: (The main difference is the text "Homebrew 2007 and a website address...to keep people from passing it off as a real board).

This one has slots pushed in it because it is getting mailed to Geoff. I promised him it a while ago! Sorry for being late! It just arrived!

Last edited by Grant Stockly; 12-07-2007 at 08:55 PM.