Stockly.com Forums  

Go Back   Stockly.com Forums > Altair 8800 > Altair 8800

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Default Any possibility to have the Gerber files and a part list ?

Hello

I sent a e-mail to Grant yesterday asking exactly the same things I'm going to ask here, but figured I'd have more chance to reach him here.

So, this post is to ask if it's possible to send me the gerber files for the PCBs as well as a part list and, maybe, one of your manuals. (PDF format is better, but I can buy a paper one if you really want.)

The reason behind this is that I am a student and can't afford a 1k+ kit on one time.
I'm willing to build an Altair 8800 reproduction as a study project. (And, later, show it to my class for learning purpose.)
What I plan to do is to build the Altair piece by piece, to minimize expensive costs on a short period of time.
The problem is, considering that I don't have original Altair PCBs under the hand, I can't rebuild them from scratch. And there comes my little request.
Obviously, I won't sell any kit to anyone, if that concerns you (Firstly, I don't have the budget to maintain a kit-selling activity and I don't have the time.)

Also, beside the gerber files, could you send me a part list and, maybe, the PDFs for your color manual ? (I can buy the manual on paper, if you want, or even the electronic version.)

Thank you,
TimScampi
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 PM

I'm also looking for Gerber files for Altair 8800... Is it possible to get them for non-commercial use?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:00 PM

Talking Kit Of The Month

Hi All;
I have a Grant Reproduction, That I would be willing to sell on a Monthly basis.... I have Grants permission, But, you would BE PAYING MORE for it than for the Kit from Grant.... Also, I would only be sending Some of it at a time, as Payment is made.... When All Payments are made You would have Everything for a Full Machine, that Grant would have Sent you.... I can do 10 or 12 Payments....
THANK YOU Marty
Old 09-06-2010, 12:23 AM

Default from england

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
Hi All;
I have a Grant Reproduction, That I would be willing to sell on a Monthly basis.... I have Grants permission, But, you would BE PAYING MORE for it than for the Kit from Grant.... Also, I would only be sending Some of it at a time, as Payment is made.... When All Payments are made You would have Everything for a Full Machine, that Grant would have Sent you.... I can do 10 or 12 Payments....
THANK YOU Marty
hi, i would be very much intrested in that. can you send me more info to my email? i probably wont be much here so just to make sure i dont miss anything. my email is: tomlinson.randy / at / yahoo dot / com
i also want the full machine but can only pay month by month. paypal would be perfect.

thank you
randy
Old 09-06-2010, 02:08 PM

Default kit by the month

HI All;
Randy, I don't have any kits left, as I sold them, I am waiting for the check to come on the second one. At present, I have one that is put together, All ready built.... Since I didn't get a response for selling by the month, I went ahead and sold the kits all at once..... I have a second one that is Partially put together, that is also for sale.....
THANK YOU Marty
Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
HI All;
I have a second one that is Partially put together, that is also for sale.....
THANK YOU Marty
hi marty,

actually a funny coincident with your name, because everyone calls me "doc emmet brown" haha....

can you tell me more about the partially put together thing? what is included? what has been assembled yet and what is yet to build? i really want to build such a thing and if it costs me a years salary!!

thanks
randy
Old 09-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Default Partial kit

Hi All;
Randy, the Partial has the following assembled, the 8080 CPU card, the Memory Card, the Front Panel... The motherboard, has not been assembled, the Power Supplies has not been wired, the front Panel has not been wired to the Motherboard.... The Top has some Scratches.. But the enclosure is all there..... THANK YOU Marty
Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 PM

aaah i just seen that. hold it for me! please! lets discuss that on skype or so? i will send you a PM
Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timscampi View Post
Hello

I sent a e-mail to Grant yesterday asking exactly the same things I'm going to ask here, but figured I'd have more chance to reach him here.

So, this post is to ask if it's possible to send me the gerber files for the PCBs as well as a part list and, maybe, one of your manuals. (PDF format is better, but I can buy a paper one if you really want.)

The reason behind this is that I am a student and can't afford a 1k+ kit on one time.
I'm willing to build an Altair 8800 reproduction as a study project. (And, later, show it to my class for learning purpose.)
What I plan to do is to build the Altair piece by piece, to minimize expensive costs on a short period of time.
The problem is, considering that I don't have original Altair PCBs under the hand, I can't rebuild them from scratch. And there comes my little request.
Obviously, I won't sell any kit to anyone, if that concerns you (Firstly, I don't have the budget to maintain a kit-selling activity and I don't have the time.)

Also, beside the gerber files, could you send me a part list and, maybe, the PDFs for your color manual ? (I can buy the manual on paper, if you want, or even the electronic version.)

Thank you,
TimScampi
Hello.
I just wanted to ask if anything had been done on this front, as I am a 15 year old student and it seems that the kits are no longer being made, even though I wouldn't be able to afford it.
Thanks,
William