Stockly.com Forums  

Go Back   Stockly.com Forums > Altair 8800 > Troubleshooting

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to TomL_12953 Send a message via MSN to TomL_12953 Send a message via Yahoo to TomL_12953 Send a message via Skype™ to TomL_12953
Default Front Panel LEDs and Other Issues

I'm not sure if these are problems or not but here goes:

When I'm running a BASIC program, the front panel lights hardly change at all unlike Rich Cini's Altair32 emulator which flashes all kinds of lights. Rich assures me his emulator is correct so I'm wondering about my replica. When I enter data from the front panel, the lights do show the proper responses so I know it is connected to the bus. I'm using a CompuPro RAM 17 64K static memory board if that has anything to do with it. There's a switch on it for using it with computers that have a front panel although the manual says not to run it that way. Any ideas? Also, when I first turn on my system, all the data lights are lit and I can't do anything at all until I hold Stop and Reset. I know it's recommended to do that but nowhere does it say it's mandatory. Is there some kind of power-on reset that's supposed to happen? If so, It isn't happening with my system.