Stockly.com Forums  

Go Back   Stockly.com Forums > Misc > Chit Chat

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2006, 12:55 AM

Default Conrad Zeus model V1 question?

hi
i have been trying to find some info on a toy i had in the mid 60's , i believe it was based on the mechanical card racks that Conrad Zeus built to use as memory or adders for his first machine the V1 , the toy was given to me when i was young and i had no interest in it at the time , as i recall it was a rack of 9 cards held in a frame , up on edge , and it could be programmed by inserting short lengths of soda straw on the edge of each card , i believe it functioned as an binary adder , years later i became interested in computers and came across a picture of Conrad Zeus standing in front of his V1 , and sure enough on top were a row of these card racks , so long story short , i would give my eye teeth to find out more about what these were and how they worked , i have googled around the web , but i am not sure what they may be called and other than following out links to Zeus , i haven't been able to find anything , comming across this site , it occured to me , someone here might know , thanks , dana