View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Are you shipping yet?

Hi Folks!

I've been following the kenbakkit website since seeing a web link about it, and really would like to get one (I should be able to scrounge up the funds.) I wasn't initially in a big rush, as the web site suggested they weren't even shipping until July, so I've been procrastinating, probably until a notice saying "only 5 kits left." But since the web site seems quite out of date, I suspect maybe they are already running out.

So are the kenbak kits shipping yet? If not, do you have an estimated time of delivery? Is it expensive to get them shipped from Alaska? Would they take extra time to get "signed" by John Blankenbaker? Where would the signature be, on the front panel or inconspicuously on the back or sides or top, or inside?

Okay, that's a lot of questions. Maybe you could just give a price and estimate for:
One kenbak series 2 kit, signed by the inventor, with regular black/white switches, silent switches (not clicky-tactile) and with the LED lamps not Incandescent (I like the incandescents, but worry they will burn out frequently, and worry they don't look too authentic.) How long would this take to ship? Is a money order okay? I'd need the whole price, along with shipping.

It seems like you have a lot on your plate with the Altair kit, the Altair 680, and the Kenbak-1, but I was hoping you could update the Kenbakkit web site. I think 3 weeks ago you said you would post new pictures later in the week. I've been patiently watching, eager to see more. I'd love to see the circuit board and the insides, to get an idea how hard it would be to build one of these, and how long it will take me to put it together.

- Steven.

Last edited by Grant Stockly; 09-10-2012 at 09:21 PM.