View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL_12953 View Post
BTW are there instructions somewhere for using the monitors, DBL, MBL and music ROMS I got with my system? I tried to load 4K BASIC into the replica using your instructions for the TeraTerm terminal emulator but have been unsuccessful. If I could use the MBL ROM to do it, I'd save having to enter the bootloader each time That's the point of the MBL ROM, no? 8^)
I'm not sure how to use the AdvMon. I got it to respond to 5 commands: Mxxxx, Wxxxx, Exxxx, Rxxxx, Gxxxx, where xxxx is a 4 digit hex address. The only one that did anything useful for me was M which displays a hex dump starting at xxxx, one line at a time. Press space for another line, return to quit.

Yes, you definitely want to use MBL instead of toggling a loader in each time. I tested the PROMs on your machine with my 2SIO and got 4k basic to load. You have to play some games with the front panel switches because 4kBasic interprets the sense switches differently from MBL, but it's still easier than entering a 1st stage loader each time. We can go over that when we get the port working.

Just out of interest, did you try entering the simple echo routine on http://www.solivant.com/altair_bootl...oaders&pagen=1 ? If that won't work correctly we're not going to get VTL, MBL or anything else working on that port.

Geoff.