View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to TomL_12953 Send a message via MSN to TomL_12953 Send a message via Yahoo to TomL_12953 Send a message via Skype™ to TomL_12953

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
Hi Tom and All;
I am wondering What Baud Rate are you using , Tom ? The Last time I used to load up Basic, once I got the BUGGS worked out, I didn't have any trouble, I was sending at (If I remember right) 4800 Baud, with no character delays, but If it Helps I will have to try it.... You know that if you go back to Tape you will be STUCK at 300 Baud, Unless you use a different tape interface, like the Sudding tape system that went at 1100 Baud.... Or a Meca Alpha 1 that had higher tape rates, I don't know what the transfer rate was , But it loaded an operating system in seconds, If I remember right.... I hope someday to get it going again... Then of course there is Disk Systems....
Also I am Wondering What All you have as a system, what all is in it ? You can send me a private note if you like , rather than post out in the open...
THANK YOU Marty
No secrets here! I have a Stockly Replica with a 2SIO, CompuPro RAM 17 64K static RAM card, 2K EPROM board. I'm using port 1 of the 2SIO at 110 baud so I can use it with my ASR-33 Teletype once I get the ACR. I *REALLY* don't want to load over 16000 characters of Extended BASIC (with checksums, etc) at 110 baud but 300 baud is OK by me. If I use a different cassette board, it won't be compatible with MITS tapes. As for trying different delays, if you're having no problems, don't bother! You're fine!
Thanks for the reply.

Tom L