View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 01:58 AM

Congratulations Mardy!

I followed the auction closely and am happy you won. Although I didn't bid as I had just recently placed my order with Grant for a kit, I was very tempted. I couldn't decide if I were to win it whether or not I would have built the kit. It was amazing to look at the pictures of all the bagged goodies.

As other posters have said, the value and rarity of having the kit unbuilt is breathtaking, I think it would be neat if it could be displayed in its original form as a work of art, instead of relegating it to the closet or a safety deposit box only to be opened and gazed at once in a while.

On the other hand, perhaps like winning a very expensive bottle of wine at auction, it was originally meant to be consumed, and I imagine many people do so, as a celebration of the historical significance of the wine and to share an event with friends, not necessarily for its corked flavor or alchohol content.

For me, purchasing a kit from Grant to build instead of buying one already built on eBay is a no brainer. I believe the joy and memories of building my kit will far outlast any utility or use I find for it. Long after I stop 'playing' with it, I am sure I will keep it proudly displayed on my office desk, next to my work computer.

I support either decision you make, I am very happy to see you here and to have the pleasure of congratulating you personally.

Sincerely,

Craig Rogers