View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Administrator

It was never my intention to devalue the original Altair. I own two myself! I think people who WANT the original will still get the original.

I think a LOT of people want something to play with. I never had the experience of building a huge kit like this, and so I began a 9 month process of CREATING the kit so that I could build it. Sitting down for 20 or so hours and the having your computer creation come to life is something everyone should have the ability to experience. That is what I am trying to provide.

I think if the ebay prices go down, they will go down because of the following reasons:
1-The more of any Altair on ebay, the lower the price because of supply.
2-A LOT of Altairs are advertised as AS-IS, "I don't know how to test it" or "I'm afraid to plug it in"... I've allways thought that kind of message meant, "It smoked when I plugged it in, good luck". The kit I sell is guaranteed to work. If you can't get it to work, I will diagnose and repair the problem for free (see the sale page for exclusions and details). Even if you do get it to work, I will still "tune" the CPU card with an oscilliscope (of corse if you have one you could). In fact, I will tune ANY Altair CPU card as long as postage is paid both ways.
3-It looks great!