View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Administrator

I'm not happy with the PCBs. I will be ordering more to replace these, and I can only hope they give me at least 50% off. I didn't catch the problem and since I ordered them last November it doesn't look good for me to complain now!

I was packing the PCBs into padded envelopes and on the 15th set I noticed problems with both the 1k memory PCB and CPU board. These kits are (to me) more "art" than useful. Don't get me wrong here, you can do everything with them now that you could in the 70s...but at $1499 they had better look good, right?

I have handled quality control with these kits based on if -I- would buy the parts. I don't like these PCBs, I wouldn't want to pay $1500 to get them from someone else, so I won't ship them to you guys!

This last batch of 8800s has hurt. I bought 20 extra front panels for $800, and now it looks like 20 CPU and 20 1k memory cards (about $1200) are bad. Now I'm hoping to get my $800 back, and I'm hoping to get half or more back on the PCBs... That doesn't matter to you guys though, as long as you get good parts.

The kit and all of its parts need to look perfect, regardless if the parts are displayed individually under glass or not.

IF they do not take the PCBs back, who would be interested in them at $20-$30 a piece?

Keep in mind that these bad PCBs were from a reorder. In other words, I did NOT resubmit any files!!! Here are the problem images:

I pay an extra $8 per PCB to get gold fingers. The latest batch doesn't have any gold on the power traces. Not too bad, but looks bad and considering the extra money I paid for the gold...

The card edge on the CPU card...there is a long story with this one, it anyone is interested then ask.

Regardless of which one is "good" and which one is "bad", I don't understand why they have to mess with my CAD files!

I will keep you guys updated. This will delay by 1.5 to 2 weeks. I hope you understand...

Last edited by Grant Stockly; 07-23-2008 at 01:02 AM.