View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Well, I am getting pretty frustrated. All I want is them to be able to send me a check plot file which represents the PCBs I will receive.

They went as far as to actually PRODUCE a PCB to show me that the gold fingers look OK. Great, you can make the PCBs correctly...why can't you e-mail me a proper looking gerber file? The gerber files they send me DO NOT represent what they produce. Someone is modifying the boards, there are production files after whatever gerber files they've been sending me.

Its been 1 month since I placed an order with a 1.5 week lead time. They are now going to produce 2 of each PCB and mail them to me. I will then approve them and then they can produce the boards.

If they can't send me working check plots, then I guess they will have to send me proofs!

You may wonder why its so important that I buy PCBs from these guys. I would consider it important since their PCBs all look identical. The color and gloss of the finished PCBs are all identical. I have hundreds of PCBs (good by the way) of peripheral cards for the Altair kit, including the front panel. Other companies I've ordered from in the past have different looking PCBs, and also deliver PCBs in batches days apart that don't look the same.

I hope that the proof PCBs will arrive early next week so that I can move on!!!