View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 AM

Talking programs for 8080

Hi Paul;
Yes, it does look that way, as though the two are shorted together. I Think what I was refering to --- was if you bent pins 1 and 3 sideways. so that they would NOT connect to anything, and wire a seperate switch to them, with the middle connected to ground. then with the pins connected to this new switch, they Should respond each going high or low according to the position of the switch. But You are right only one side should high or low depending on your switch position. I might have been thinking of pulling each IC high or Low using either a wire connected to ground or to +5V or a Logic Pulser. LOOK at the TRACES with a Very Bright LIght Shining through the Board or use the SUNLight to look through the board. And follow the traces from the switch to IC 'W' , look for a short to another trace.
Take out the Resistors and check the lines again and look underneath them as well.
OTherwise take out the resistors and the IC, and IF the Short is still there and You have Found NO SHORTS, THEN tie one switch position to +5V and the OPPOSITE IC Would be Connection to Ground , USE A wire and MOMENTARYILY touch the ground wire to where you need to short to, DO NOT HOLD IT THERE FOR VERY LONG !!!! IT might Spark or you might hear a POP !!! Then TEST with a meter for conectivity !!!
Thanks Marty