PDA

View Full Version : Altair Emulator Paper Tape file link

lovenewyawkcity
08-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Has anyone tried to load the paper tape file images from the link on altair32? There is some cool stuff like a debugger, monitor , assembler, etc.

I have had no success in loading these, I am under the impression you can use the cassette loader to load paper tapes, getting the idea that with Mits cassettee was really just a magnetic represnation of paper tape.

anyone else had any experience with these?

These would be some awesome files to use with my altair, ounce i get the money to buy a kit from grant.

Nicky

marty
08-01-2009, 06:42 PM
hi;
Yes, I have done it, even though it was some time ago... I have loaded both the cassette versions and the paper tape versions, the front end of the second stage loader is slightly different.. and I have put them on paper tape just in case.. That is why I know there are some differences... I compared tapes... THANK YOU Marty

lovenewyawkcity
08-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Any advice in what boot loader to use? I have not been succefull in loading

these, to be honest i never got the paper tape reader on the altair emulator to work.

marty
08-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Hi;
It has been a long while since I , last ran the Altair Emulator, But I will try the version that I have and see what I can find.... You may have to talk to Rich Cini if I can't help you, since He re-wrote the Emulator, He would know the best How to Run it..... :) :)
THANK YOU Marty

phe
08-06-2009, 12:00 PM
to be honest i never got the paper tape reader on the altair emulator to work.

Me neither. I ended up using the cassette in the emulator, and that works fine. Since those files work in the emulator, why not try to load your real Altair with those? I tried this a couple of years ago but never got it to work. Now you have rekindled my interest. I think I'll give it a shot.

Paul